DIVSYS Aerospace & Engineering (DIVaero) has over 40 years of experience in the design and manufacturing of PCBs and PCBAs for military applications. DIVaero was formed from the technical core of a 40-year old military Design and Build firm. Our services are exclusively Military (ITAR) and Aerospace.
Design, Development and Secure Management of
ITAR Electronic Products
IPC List of (42) Possible PCB Problems
Engineering Services include:
- Electrical CAD
- PCB Layout
- Mechanical CAD
- Software Design / Development
- Electronic Design
- Solids Modeling
- Re-design of Obsolete Electronic Modules
- Process (PCB and PCBA) Consulting
- Failure Analysis
- Conversion of 2D files to 3D PCB files
- Test Equipment Design / Redesign
- Technical Training
- Software and Firmware Expertise
- Altium Designer – primary software used for layout
- Autodesk Fusion 360
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Mentor PADS
- pentalogix ViewMate PRO
- SolidWorks 3D CAD Software
- Microprocessors & Microcontrollers (ST, TI, ARM) and their EDI’s
- Structured (SAD) and Object-Oriented Design (OOAD)
- National Instruments LabView and SystemLink
- Development / Utilize API’s for Test and Verification
- · Secure Management of ITAR/EAR PCB
- · Secure Management of ITAR/EAR PCBA
- · Secure Management of ITAR/EAR Electronic Modules
- · Secure Management of ITAR/EAR Laboratory Services
- · Reporting and Quality
- ITAR / EAR
- ISO 9001:2015
- CMMC – In process*
* Think of CMMC as a procurement gate that a contractor must pass to even be eligible to bid on, win or participate on a contract - without a valid CMMC certification, the prime and/or sub will be barred from the contract.
Our management team’s commitment is to provide the resources and leadership necessary to satisfy applicable requirements, and to maintain and continually improve the effectiveness of our quality management system.
DIVaero is defined and driven by the following management principles and behaviors:
- To provide a means for our customers to achieve the objectives to attain their customer’s desired product or service.
- Assisting our customers by transforming their needs and requirements into actionable industry language and procedures that result in fulfilling their product or service outcome.
- Achieve Customer Satisfaction by meeting the project requirements defined in our statement of work to the quality level the customer requires.
- Management’s commitment is to develop and encourage staff competencies, creativity, and accountability through involvement.
- Commitment to Continual Improvement by promoting and raising the competence level of our staff. This can be achieved by attending seminars, ongoing education, independent research, and experimentation.
The technical staff and laboratory came from Diversified Systems (40+YEAR COMPANY), which was a MIL 31032 QML listed PCB FABRICATOR, PCB assembler and laboratory
The Laboratory performs A-600 inspection and evaluates the technical specifications for compliance to IPC
A board level evaluation may include (but is not limited to) :
Cross section for Copper thickness
Hole quality (Via hole and Component hole)
Thermal Stress and Solderability
Hot Oil De-lamination
o Modified Rose
o Ion Chromatography available for specific Ion testing
· Bare Board (electrical) testing to the IPC-D-356 Net List
o 500V testing available for Specific applications such as Military.
· DSC laminate evaluation for the Tg
· XRF for the thickness of the surface finish (Gold, Nickel, Silver, Tin, HASL)
Additional Laboratory Services may include: Process Consulting, Failure Analysis, and Technical Training.
LABORATORY FAILURE ANALYSIS
Assembly Failure Analysis is based on a combination of X-RAYs followed by cross-sectional analysis. Microsection is performed on the part and the solder connection to best view the metallurgical attachment and/or failure using successive grinds with measurements and pictures (Keyence 2000X microscope) at each grind depth. We then stress and fracture components to observe the failure mechanism. This tells us if the solder joint is stronger than the attachment of the copper land to the PCB. Once the solder connection is stronger than the PCB pad adhesion, the joint is strong enough. If needed or requested, the lab will use one of the chambers to perform thermal shock, which (again) is analyzed by microsection after the shock.
Reflow analysis is based on the metallurgical bond that was achieved and the flow of the solder paste. For a BGA, the ball collapse and the attachment of the ball to the interposer board and the PCB are analyzed with a microsection. We have 3-D X-Ray that performs a 360-degree CT scan. Ultimately, the extent of the intermetallic formation is viewed from the microsection.
DIVaero Lab follows J-STD for acceptability of the solder and IPC A-600 for the Assembly. We “fracture” select components to determine the failure mechanism. We have developed standards for fracture force (these are not recognized by the IPC, but we have found them to be very predictive of performance).
For simplicity and cost, the basic report accompanying a Laboratory project will employ a combination of pictures and a basic explanation of the pictures. All data, including the pictures is in an Excel file.
If a formalized report is required, one is prepared with the report having excerpts from the Excel data for further clarification. The final report is in a MS Word format that is captured in a .PDF and written by the Laboratory Manager or Technical Services Director.
Pricing is simply the hours required for the task multiplied by the rate for the resource (person or machine). A quotation can be prepared, or a time and materials PO may be issued.
All lab personnel have more than 20 years working in a 31032 QML listed PCB lab. However, all Assembly related analysis is referred to the Senior Technical Advisor (a Registered Professional Engineer) that has more than 40 years of assembly experience. It is the combination of the expertise to perform very precise microsections and the analysis of senior experts in Assembly that make the lab unique.
DUAL BACKGROUNDS IN PCB FABRICATION AND ASSEMBLY
All of the technical resources have dual backgrounds in both Assembly and PCB. This combination of hands on experience in both PCB fabrication and PCB Assembly is extremely uncommon. However, it allows DIVaero to assist customers with problems in Layout, PCB Specification, or Assembly Processes. This assistance is part of the value proposition that DIVaero offers to all customers.
LABORATORY EQUIPMENT INCLUDES:
· Struers Microsection system
· Microcraft “EMMA” Flying Probe Bare Board Tester
· Q-20 DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimeter) for Tg measurement
· XRF (X-RAY Fluorescence) for surface finish measurement
· Keyence 2000X Video Microscope with motorized head
· Specialty Chemical Cleanliness Testers
· Dionix IC (Ion Chromatograph for specific ion testing)
· Dage 3-D X-RAY with CT scan and “Slice” technology
· Viewsonic Optical CMM
· Nikon SMB1500 Video Microscope
· ERSA BGA Repair
· Thermotron thermal shock Chambers